Old 06-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Alice Gless

Default Please can someone ID this rose (link to pic inside)

Unique Too wrote:

Alice Gless writes:

Only have a couple left but I am wanting to try to propagate some Father
Hugo's roses and some other old ones I find. I'll just have to take my
chances on mites and the like.

If you want to keep the multiflora then at least read up on rose rosette
disease at this site:

I'll keep it for now and thanks for the link. I thought I spotted some of these
same roses, or a variant, growing in the yard of a rather upscale home not too far
from me.

http://web.ntown.net/~apeck/index.htm

That way you'll know what to look for if the disease appears on either your
roses or the wild mutiflora. IIRC Iowa is one the states who purposely spread
the mites in order to control the multiflora plants,

I wish they wouldn't have done that. They ruined the ladybugs around here, too,
by bringing in more efficient foreign bugs.

I'll proceed with caution. I don't have much in the way of roses at the moment
and only want to have a few of the older ones.

so your chances are
greater of contracting the disease than those in other locations.

Julie