Old 06-06-2003, 06:32 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Woodlice - good or bad?

Woodlice do no harm unless something is already damaged, say a wasp has been
at a strawberry for instance. Antsm well some people go crackers over them
but I live and let live. If you let a few ants worry you then ..... start of
a rant , did you notice. They reckon if it's fast it's friendly and if it's
slow it's a baddy but I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt unil proved
otherwise

Sharon Hughes wrote:
: Hi all - any advice please on whether or not I should be worried
: about the woodlice in my courtyard?
:
: I inherited an inner-city concrete wasteland (aka the courtyard) and
: am now transforming the space - at the moment I have predominantly
: large pots etc on the go. It's so nice to see some wildlife coming
: in the space (had my first ladybird visit the other day) but I've
: noticed ants, woodlice and some funny brown looking beetle type thing
: that likes the walls. I'm real keen on getting wildlife in but
: should I be worried that any of this lot are going to ruin my minor
: achievements so far?
:
: Advice gratefully received (don't yet have a book on bugs!).
:
: PS: if anyone else has undertaken such a project I would be really
: interested in any tips you may have - it's not a huge space but I
: just know it has potential (probably more than I have the imagination
: for!!)
:
: Thanks. Shaz

Robert