Old 06-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Jack_H.

Default I have a question

"Theo Asir" wrote in message
s.com...
:
: If you're moving I'd venture
: to guess this is not the time you
: want to mess around with seeds & hips.
: Even professionals have trouble there.
:
: Roses are highly hybridized. The only
: way to get a true variety is to vegetative
: propagate the rose. This can be done by
: 'rooting a cutting'. Search the web on this.

Thanks!

:
: What I would recommend is that you jot
: down the names of the roses he grows,
: get to nursery where ever you are going to
: and get the roses they recommend.

He has no idea, bush has been there for a while,
these roses are perfect. nice long petals like a tea rose. beautiful crimson
color and not too many petals.
Fabulous fragrance too.

:
: Climate has a huge influence on how
: roses do. So every region has its set
: of roses that do well.

Hmm havent thought about that, figured sunshine is sunshine and I could
water and fertilizer...
Do you know of the names of roses I described earlier that would work well
in the middle east???
Dry climate...Hot.. not the desert though.

:
: --
: Theo in Zone 5
: Kansas City