Old 06-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Sharon Hughes

Default Woodlice - good or bad?

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fw5ave.xkdc481xhc87oN%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
Sharon Hughes wrote:

Big Snip

Brown beetles.. A harder one.. Can you describe them a bit better?
How long are they in mm (or in relation to a 1p or something??) Have
you seen them fly? Do they have any spots? Antennae, long or short? Do
they move fast or slow? Like sunny places or hide away...

Jim

Jim - Thanks for the info. Woodlice are one of the few bugs I find least
scary considering how many legs they have! Quite happy to let them stay.
Same with the ants really so long as I manage not to sit along one of their
'runs', then they are annoying! As for the beetles, will get out there with
the digi camera as soon as it stops raining! It's not one I've seen before,
not very interesting, very dull brownish but quite long-legged, though slow
moving, short antennae I think, no spots, not the most attractive bug going
but so long as their not killing off anything I'm spending my pocket money
on, I don't mind (Oh, and I did see a Blackbird (male) come down and pick
one off the wall real quick yesterday morning.)

Will check out the link you posted - after Gardeners' World!!! Thank You.
Shaz