Old 06-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Sharon Hughes

Default Woodlice - good or bad?

Happy to live with the woodlice. Ants? Few, slow, did I read you wrong?
They seem pretty frenetic and move a few pots around and hey, loads more!
Have tried to work out where they're going or coming from ...... hmm, have
managed to be successfully distracted so far! Happy for them to stay so
long as not killing off anything more 'worthy'!!

Shaz

"The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
message ...
Woodlice do no harm unless something is already damaged, say a wasp has

been
at a strawberry for instance. Antsm well some people go crackers over them
but I live and let live. If you let a few ants worry you then ..... start

of
a rant , did you notice. They reckon if it's fast it's friendly and if

it's
slow it's a baddy but I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt unil

proved
otherwise

Sharon Hughes wrote:
: Hi all - any advice please on whether or not I should be worried
: about the woodlice in my courtyard?
:
: I inherited an inner-city concrete wasteland (aka the courtyard) and
: am now transforming the space - at the moment I have predominantly
: large pots etc on the go. It's so nice to see some wildlife coming
: in the space (had my first ladybird visit the other day) but I've
: noticed ants, woodlice and some funny brown looking beetle type thing
: that likes the walls. I'm real keen on getting wildlife in but
: should I be worried that any of this lot are going to ruin my minor
: achievements so far?
:
: Advice gratefully received (don't yet have a book on bugs!).
:
: PS: if anyone else has undertaken such a project I would be really
: interested in any tips you may have - it's not a huge space but I
: just know it has potential (probably more than I have the imagination
: for!!)
:
: Thanks. Shaz

Robert