Old 06-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Joan

Default What plant is this?

They generally flower in May. I don't think they like agressive pruning as
I think they can be a bit touchy. However, I pruned mine right back and it
recovered okay after a couple of years. I think they should be pruned
immediately after flowering (which would be now). Prune back to a healthy
bud. Do you need to prune yours back, though? It looks well enough, other
than it being a bit pale, which the tonic should fix. I'm no expert,
though.

"al" wrote in message
"Joan" wrote in message
news
I'd replant it in a suitable shady or semi-shady spot, give it a feed

with
an ericaceous tonic or sequestered iron tonic and see what you get this

time
next year.

Thanks for all the replies ... when do they normally flower and how
aggressively can they be pruned back in the autumn?

al