Old 06-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Topazfalcon

Default a quick question about keeping inside

Thank you so much for the quick reply and helpful answers. I think my bf is
worried that when we do get a house the backyard will look like one big bog
of some sort. He seems ok with my being obsessed over fish though, as long
as I don't ask him to help I am trying to convert him though.

The only good thing about not having a backyard right now is that by the
time I do have one, all the research and planing i have been doing will
finally be put to use, and I 'should' have a better pond than I would have
if I had just rushed out and done it on impulse.

For the plants I was thinking of having a stand over the liner with lights
on it for them. Still not sure what kind I want though. Do they all spread
and multiply? That way if they fish eat them, the others can just spead out
and i won't have to replace them.

I figure I'll need a filter? In my freshwater tank I use one of those
biowheel ones. can't think of the brand name right now. Would it be ok to
set up one or 2 of those on the side for filtration? Also, would an
airation rock be needed?

Anything else I should know about? And I had always wondered what PORG
meant. thanks for clearing that up.