Old 06-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Unique Too

Default black roses question

Cass writes:

I'm glad you like it. A lot of people think they never want to grow a
once bloomer, but I think they're missing some of the most beautiful
roses:

You just had to say that, didn't you! It seems my mystery rose is a once
bloomer and I had just this week decided I was going to toss it. It's outgrown
its pot and I'm tired of watering twice a day. Never mind it has the cleanest
foliage of any in the garden, not a single blackspotted leaf. Now.....who
knows...oh well, I've got a spot that's really too shady for a rose anyway,
might as well plunk it there. Then maybe it will blackspot, not bloom and I'll
have a good reason to get rid of it.