Old 06-06-2003, 10:20 PM
DaveDay34

Default Mulching or Multiclip Mowers

Hi,

I have heard of mulching or multiclip mowers and how much time they save -
are they any good and what is the best make?

Cheers

fj

It depends what sort of a lawn you want and how often you want to cut your
lawn, and how fast it grows. If you have a fast growing lawn, you'll discover
that the mulched grass dries up on the surface of the lawn and doesn't look
that great. If the grass is long, there's just a whole lot more of it to
detract from the visual impact of the lawn. If the grass is anything less than
absolutely dry it will stick together in clumps no matter how well it's mulched
by the mower. FWIW I'd use a good mower and collect the clippings and compost
them, though it rather depends on your circumstances.

Dave.