Old 06-06-2003, 10:20 PM
DaveDay34

Default Black Fly On Broad Beans

In article , The
Gorilla writes
Hi

My broad beans have a very bad infestation of Black Fly.
I am finding it almost impossible to get any kind of pesticides from
Garden Centres etc.

Does any one have any idea what I can do please?

Try getting some rose clear from your local garden centre. I'll be amazed if
there isn't some about somewhere. The washing up water that was mentioned can
be used, though you might want to just mix some detergent with some clean water
and spray with that. The detergent is supposed to break down the protective
covering around the aphids and make them very susceptible to disease
themselves, or something like that.

Hope this helps.

Dave.