Old 07-06-2003, 04:21 AM
animaux

Default Caterpillars in sac attacking apple tree

Tear at the web and wasps will eat the caterpillars, or use Bt-K which is sold
as Dipel or BioWorm and is a dust. The caterpillar ingests it and gets sick.
It will not harm anything other than the caterpillars, even if birds eat them.

Victoria

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 02:22:40 +0200, pelmar wrote:

Much to my horror I discoverd cobweb like "sacs" of caterpillars and
their small black eggs in my apple tree. I live in Denmark but have only
come across the phenomenom in my childhood in the UK. I remember one
summer in the mid 80's that a warning came on the news about sacs of
caterpillars that could cause an allergic reaction if touched. They hung
in sacs on trees and I remember we had a tree like thsi ion our front
garden.

The question is how do I get rid of them as they seem to be slowly
eating away at both the leaves and the small fruits on my apple tree?