Old 07-06-2003, 04:21 AM
zxcvbob

Default garden police gone wild?

wrote:
exactly my point!!!!! there is NO PERMIT REQUIRED FOR A DECORATIVE FENCE. right.
thats what it was, less than 3' in height and 50% open and when the vines grew up it,
decorative.
what it says is a fence on the lot line (all around the yard) DOES NOT REQUIRE A
PERMIT when it is less than 3 feet high and "open". What they say is "like a picket
or split rail". They are not specifically saying it MUST be wood, but that is what
they mean without explicitly stating so. A 3 foot rabbit fence is 90%+ open...

That's what I said a day or two ago. Especially if you plant some thing
like sweet peas on it. It might not even be a fence anymore but a trellis.

Best regards,
Bob