Old 07-06-2003, 04:22 AM
David Gibson

Default *** !!! FREE MARTHA !!! *** |--------- nispuvo

"Jack_H." wrote:

If she is guilty she will be punished.
Popular opinion of Martha has nothing to do with it.

Jack

Oh such refreshing naiveté!

She is being prosecuted precisely BECAUSE of her name, and who she is.

If she were Amy Blotz from Far Rockaway or some other railway commuter town,
you'd never have heard a word about it. (Unless, of course, she had sex with
Joey Buttafuco!)

But it suits the purposes of the Administration -- and especially the SEC, who
have really stunk out the joint in the past 2 years -- to pursue a "big name
star" so that the CNN / FOXNews / National Enquirer / tabloid TV conglomerates
can be used at second hand to persuade those with IQ's of room temperature that
"the gummit shore took her down a peg or two, eh Orville?"

wrote in message
: The punishment is not proportional to the crime. I don't condone what she
did, but to
: hear the prosecutors and reporters go on, you'd thing she's this daemon or
something.
: Wrong… She's simply an investor who took advantage of inside knowledge -
something
: most investors would do in a heartbeat if given the same opportunity. To
add some
: prospective, the stock proceeds were approximately two hundred thousand
dollars - a tiny
: faction of her wealth. (She didn't get rich off of this)
:
: Martha is being railroaded because; 1) She's Martha Stuart…2) She's a
successful woman
: and 3) She's perceived in some quarters to be a bitch. She's not… I've
met her and know
: several people who work for her. She's a strong individual, who demands
perfection.
: To bad if some people find that threatening!
:
: I've never heard those around Martha describe her as abusive, insulting or
disrespectful.
: In my one meeting with her she was a consummate professional, even though
there were
: points where we disagreed. The image of her depicted in the TV special is
completely
: slanderous and misleading.
:
: I urge those of you with any sense of fairness to come to her aid by
contacting the
: United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, James B.
Comey,
: and voice your objection to this 21st CENTURY, ELECTRONIC LYNCHING!
:
: *** !!! FREE MARTHA !!! ***

--
(Go Fish!)