Old 07-06-2003, 04:23 AM
al

Default What plant is this?

"David Hill" wrote in message
It looks as if you have poor soil that is low in humus, when you replant

the
Rhodo.. assuming it lives through it lifting... I would dig in a load of
peat into an area about 4 ft across and about 12 to 15 inches deep,

rhodo's
are not deep rooted, then every couple of years give it a mulch of a

couple
of inches of peat.
make sure that it doesn't dry out late May to early July as that is when
next years flower buds are initiated

And for a minute there I thought you were talking about crushed chick-peas!

So lots of water and not too much sunshine sound like the common factors
here. Of course this assumes that not just the plant, but I too survive the
lifting ....

al