Old 07-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Robyn

Default OT ... Burning Wood - Open Fireplace

Is it a good use of wood to just put it into land-fill? That where it
goes in the city and suburbs? You can't just leave old fences and broken
tree branches around here and say that it is part of the ecosystem.
Don't mean to sound facetious. I like me fire and I like having
something to do with all the wood that comes down in my yard (and my
friends yards)
Robyn.

Open fireplaces should (and will eventually) be banned. They waste resources
and are responsible for many cases of asthma. It is far better for both people
and the environment to use electricity or gas.

Check with your local hospital and you will see that admissions for asthma
double in the cooler periods due to the noxious emissions of open fireplaces.