Old 07-06-2003, 07:20 AM
volts500

Default Potato v.s. Ginger

"Alex Ng" wrote in message
Hi,

I got a question about ginger (the type that you buy at the gocery store).
I know that I can plant potato if they sprout (you know, when you buy a

lot
on sale and you can't finish them it in time). What about ginger? Can I
just put it in the soil just like potato and except a harvest in October?

Thx,

Alex

Basically, yes. I just leave the store bought ginger on the porch then when
I notice it trying to sprout, break off that piece and plant it in a 4" pot,
keep it watered until it takes then in the ground it goes.......plant it in
a shady area though.......no direct sun. One store bought "root" will yield
many sprouts if you leave it outside out of direct sun.......just be
patient.