Old 07-06-2003, 07:56 AM
lms

Default Roses I Love To Hate And The People Who Love Them

In article , lid
says...

Here's another "good" example of how bad the wet (calling this spring
damp is like calling Bill Gates well off) and bot can make a rose look
(the first two pictures on the page - click for larger view). This is
Johann Strauss.

http://www.dotrose.com/whatsinbloom/20030606.php

damp/water will sure do it to some but a rose prone to doing this may or may
not need any moisture to do it. and a rose prone to doing this might not ball
if it gets wet during the process of blooming. It's all dependent on the
prevailing general heat and humidity and each rose variety's unique window of
opportunity, and if that's generally favorable, a little water won't cause this
reaction. I have a bush full of balled Mme. Caroline Testout, an old
Hybrid Tea and Yves Piaget is currently in that mode and just starting to
come out of it--the humidity is rising and there are some really fat groups
of buds that I can tell from long experience ain gon be having that problem.