Old 04-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Wendy B G

Default Raised bed material options?

This spring we intend to build some raised beds by our house. They
will be fairly low to the ground, about 6-8" above the ground level.

My husband, Rod, built a raised bed out of wood, but it rotted out after a few
years.

He built raised beds in our garden out of both interlocking pavers
(brick-colored to match our home) and out of the local stone. Both look
wonderful. If you e-mail me, I will e-mail back photos.

The pavers have the advantage of being flat on top, and the wall is stable
enough to sit on. This makes gardening easier, since I can sit on the raised
bed, and work without bending.

One source of the pavers is E.P. Henry.
http://www.ephenry.com/store/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=110

Wendy