Old 07-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default plain old sage (salvia officinalis)

Tyra Trevellyn said:

Wellllllll......not to deflate the balloon and all that metaphor stuff.....but
Salvia officinalis is known to be a relatively short-lived garden plant, from
everything I've read and from my own experience.

I dunno...my first sage two plants died after one year. The replacement still
lives. Some winters it gets knocked back really hard. Last year was one
of the hard ones. This year the plant is 11 years old. It *may* finally kick the
bucket, but as I was cutting away all the dead stuff, I found a seedling growing,
and left it alone.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)