Old 07-06-2003, 11:44 AM
anton

Default Suggestions for replacing my eucalyptus

Zizz wrote in message ...
Which I believe is dying. It's about 10 feet tall and was blown over, along
with it's stakes! Last aumtumn.
I'd like to replace it, however I'm not sure about going for another
eucalyptus.
I'd be looking for a shrub/tree that grows to between 10-20 feet and the
leaves are not green!
The only tree at a garden centre that I've seen that meets this description
(according to it's label) is the golden honey locust tree.
I'd be looking to replace it sometime between late summer and autumn.
All suggestions will be appreciated

Arizona cypress- bluey slver
Purple-leafed hazel- more of a shrub than a tree
Other eucs, as another poster has suggested-maybe the snow gum?
Whitebeam varieties maybe

Planting deciduous stuff when the leaves are off, but the
soil isn't too cold btw is much easier, cheaper, and more successful

--
Anton

--
Anton