Old 07-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Brian Watson

Default Portmeirion rose

I've got a couple of these (new this year) in my garden and for about a week
I'd been admiring their beautiful compound flowers and fine perfume.

Anyway, last night it rained and, so far as I can tell, the sheer weight of
the rain settling in amongst the petals has broken one flower head off and
bent over the other two. Shaking them out, I was surprised how much lighter
they were afterwards.

Moral of this tale is, I suppose, do not plant them somewhere where they
will act as buckets!

--
Brian
"Don't be afraid of playing the fool, or of letting go, or of not being