Old 07-06-2003, 12:56 PM
PJ

Default Hedge quandary

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 23:51:34 +0100, Paul Kelly wrote
(in message ):

"PJ" wrote in message
e.com...
On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 19:04:22 +0100, Paul Kelly wrote
(in message ):

"PJ" wrote in message
e.com...
Hello
Maybe it is possible to buy hedge plants larger from somewhere which
would
solve the problem.

you can certainly buy mature hedging plants 6ft yew @ £55 trade price ex
nursery. Plant at 60cm spacing

Don't know about privet but I'm sure it must be available too.

Where are you?

Hove (beside Brighton of course).

Ah! the trendy south east! You are in luck, there are a good number of
nurseries in the London area who stock "Instant Garden" - you should be able
to find what you want. Try going along to a local small nursery and ask if
they can point you in the right direction.

Thank you very much for your help

Actually I am probably going to get the small plants now that I have read
that they'll be a good size within a few years. This is suggested by Kay
Easton in a neighbouring post.

I'm pleased to read that there is probably a lot of life ahead for the
section of hedge which is already there, so my fear that the small ones would
take many years to catch up and then to have the neighbouring hedge die of
old age is unlikely.

My neighbours have constructed an instant garden surrounding its edge with 8
foot trees they bought. I could have asked them about the hedge business, but
unfortunately we don't get on

To their credit they have a pond in their garden which seems to have greatly
increased the number of slug eating frogs in mine.

--
Patrick