Old 07-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Jim W

Default Rachel de Thame and national collections

Kay Easton wrote:

TV tonight - Rachel de Thame
'a national Collection is a collection of a single *species*' ... then
almost in the same breath 'the National collection of Crocus' ... so all
crocus are the same species, are they?

Doh!-)

Can we make a looped tape of this and post it back to the BBC?!-) And
this after she just visited the NCCPG London Fair at Kenwood.. I didn't
see last nights programme (will have to watch the repeat) but she was
buying crates of plants like there was no tomorrow-)
//
Jim

Is this TV dumbing down and protecting its viewers from difficult words
like 'genus' which they don't understand?
It surely can't be Rachel de T herself who doesn't understand the
difference?

This sort of thing does get me cross!