Old 07-06-2003, 04:56 PM
paghat

Default garden police gone wild?

In article , zxcvbob
wrote:

paghat wrote:

In article , Rico
wrote:

[CLIPPED, some EXCELLENT stuff for a change! -- & what a relief to see
that not EVERYone is a head-in-hole Vox type! I will keep unclipped only
what I reply to, but anyone of intelligence will want to have read it
all.]

I've never heard of a Christian housing district. Are you sure of your
facts?

The vast majority of Homeowner Associations automatically reject Jews.

That's kind of a ridiculous claim. Where are your statistics? You have a
random sampling of how many HOA covenants? Zero? That's what I thought.

It's like boycotting cotton, because once upon a time the cotton industry
was supported by slave labor.

Best regards, :-)
Bob

Don't be a silly, next you'll be asking me to prove there are no ******s
in the Klan, cuz where's the head count. When they even advertise as
"Christ Oriented," when they obtain funding from Christian Patriot
fundraisers to fight for the continuing right to remain racist as is
happening in Huston, when another is explicitely for Lutherans, that alone
guarantees No Jews Even Apply, nor was that accidental. And if you're
paying attention Saint Ole Hanson banned explicitely Jews, Hindus &
Moslems, and all religions other than Christian & all races other than
white, setting the standard that remains even for HOAs that aren't as
explicit. But yes, population statistics are available for HOA
neighborhoods, having been used in court cases, having been documented by
the HOAs who're proud of their bigotry & by organizatiosn that fight
against bigotry.

And there's no Once Upon A Time about it, blacks & jews & gays know full
well that if they attempt to move into a HOA and have to pass a
committee's idea of proper muster, they're gonna be weeded out. I suspect
that's the real reason realators now consider "No HOA!" on the "plus" side
when advertising a home for sale -- it means the potential buyers is
considerably expanded.

Exactly HOW overt does it get? Here's a specific case, & nothing the
least bit unique about it. The Habad congregation is the only Orthodox
synogogue in Marin County, CA., consisting of a mere 18 families that live
just outside the boundaries of the Lucas Valley Homeowners Association.
When they sought to expand their synogogue facilities, the HOA immediately
drummed up something like 630 signatures to stop them. They had several
excuses other than "we hate Jews," but their motivation was pretty obvious
from the start, & became more obvious as they proceded. They CLAIMED they
didn't want the extra traffic on Saturdays when children are playing (
Jews aren't welcome even OUTSIDE the HOA reach because of extra traffic
inside the HOA boundaries on Saturday??? The Orthodox don't drive on
Saturday! the Orthodox WALK to synogogue). The HOA didn't want the added
noise pollution (who the hell ever heard a huge ruckus from a
synogogue??). There were an additional 13 families in all of Marin county
that might've been interested in the Hadad synogogue & might've moved to
the neighborhood -- so the primary reason for the HOA getting all
horrified was, & I quote them exactly: "an erosion of the quality of life
in our neighborhood."

After public hearings & delays caused by the HOA, the only legal &
rational decision was made by the county, & the permits were granted. The
HOA immediately began appeal procedures to stop the Jews, filed a suit
requiring an Environmental Impact Statement & other interference measures.
But when the news got wind of their suit claiming even that the county had
facilitated excess freedom of religion for Jews, the HOA finally backed
off for fear of the repurcussions when the larger community became way too
aware of a band of bigots in their midst. None of their alleged reasons
for trying to stop the synogogue were ever leveled against the numerous
Christian churches around their HOA enclave. No Christian Church in the
vicinity of the HOA had ever been declared by them "detrimental to the
community" as was the synogogue.

This was not a special enclave of klansmen or avowed Christian Patriots.
These were just average normal middle class honkies who well knew (as
anyone with half an IQ point knows) that the best way to avoid ******s,
yids, ragheads, & fags is to buy into a HOA neighborhood -- you sign away
a few property rights, but look at that one & only reward! Dumbasses
couldn't even tolerate Jews even OUTSIDE but too near their neighborhood.

On the other hand there would likewise be no law against a Jewish
Homeowners Associations in whose enclave even non-observant Jews wouldn't
be permitted if that was the HOA's choice. Haven't heard of it happening,
but it would actually make sense since so many Jews do have to walk to
synogogue & must live in a single neighborhood to do so.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"