Old 07-06-2003, 04:56 PM
paghat

Default garden police gone wild?

In article , Ann
wrote:

(paghat) expounded:

The vast majority of Homeowner Associations automatically reject Jews.

Now you've taken this a bit over the top. This may happen in some
areas, but it certainly can't happen around here. Discrimination like
that would be all over the Boston Globe in a heartbeat. There are HOA
neighborhoods all over the ritzy-titzy towns around me, and there's
blacks, jews, arabs, whatever living in them. If this is still going
on in other parts of the country, I hope they're getting their asses
sued soundly.

See my post on basic & typical HOA behavior in declairing the only
orthodox synogogue in Marin County harmful to the HOA's way of life.

Boston is one of the most racist places on earth, & if you can name even
one HOA that is as integrated as you say, name it. I've named specific &
representative cases, they're easy to find.

I've also mentioned that a FEW of these Associations, knowing they live
under a burden of a profoundly racist heritage past AND PRESENT, do make
the extra effort to say all races are welcome (like the Miami HOA that
welcomes all races so long as they're Christian). If there's one like that
in Boston, name it. Otherwise you're blowing smoke out your hat, & if if
you check into it for the facts, you'll find that the assumptions you make
about the communities surrounding you are very likely different than you
believe.

And if the Boston Globe made racism in that city a priority for their news
coverage, they wouldn't have any room left to report anything good about
Irish Catholics.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl: