Old 07-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Helen Johnson @ Chris French

Default veg. in shady area

In message , miklol
writes
I have a small patch in my garden which I would like to use for vegetables,
but it is in the shade for most of the day. Are there any plants which will
do well in these conditions? what about cucumbers?

defnot cucumbers. However our veg patch is growing progressively more
shaded by an oak. It is easy to see the areas of greater shade as the
growth is more luxuriant in the sun. You can however get crops in the
shade just not as plentiful. Our crops all get morning sun. Managing the
shade reasonably are shallots garlic potatoes brassicae. Not managing
are cucurbits peas and beans fennel

Why not just experiment and see?
--
Helen Johnson @ Chris French