Old 07-06-2003, 05:56 PM
stella @ stejonda

Default Tadpoles eating fish in pond???

Hi everyone

I'm new here and hoping for some advice. Our pond has 7 fish in it.
Until frogs and tadpoles arrived, they seemed happy and healthy. Since
the pond has been taken over by 11 frogs and a huge number of tadpoles 1
fish has died, one has lost half its tail and another has a large area
on its body chewed. The tadpoles seem aggressive eaters and I'm
wondering if they are chewing the fish.

If this is likely, I would want to remove as many tadpoles as I can and
continue rearing them in a tank feeding them boiled lettuce. I have done
this successfully before. Next year I plan to remove the spawn early and
do this. What do people think?

Stella Day (Dave's wife)
--
stella @ stejonda