Old 07-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Natalie

Default Tadpoles eating fish in pond???

..

If this is likely, I would want to remove as many tadpoles as I can and
continue rearing them in a tank feeding them boiled lettuce. I have done
this successfully before. Next year I plan to remove the spawn early and
do this. What do people think?

Welcome to URG Stella :-)

I don't know whether it is the tadpoles eating your fish but at our school,
each year, our Reception Class watches frog spawn turn into tadpoles and
then into froglets. At that stage they are returned to the pond ;-) We do
not normally give them any additional food other than changing the water in
the tank, always with fresh pondwater.

HTH

Natalie