Old 07-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Sharon Hughes

Default Woodlice - good or bad?

Pooh! Just called up vine weevil on Google, and that's the infernal beetle
looking at me! Funnily enough I first noticed them around a large pot I
moved, complete with Schumach baby in it, from the last house. Sooo not
impressed with now having a pot-filled courtyard garden! Still, seems to be
a plethora of products on the market to deal with them.

Well at least I know now. Next question: can anyone recommend, from
experience, the best product around please?

Yours, now slumping off to sit in front of the TV as I can't bear to go
outside again ......and after all that hard work { :~ (

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article 1fw5ave.xkdc481xhc87oN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net
, Jim W writes

Brown beetles.. A harder one.. Can you describe them a bit better?
How long are they in mm (or in relation to a 1p or something??) Have
you seen them fly? Do they have any spots? Antennae, long or short? Do
they move fast or slow? Like sunny places or hide away...

Is there any way you can post a photo or put one in the scanner?

Some beetles are good.. Others are bad..

One of the main things seems to be - has it got a long nose? Long nose =
weevil and weevils seem more likely to be 'bad'.
Although a colleague of mine whose job was the study of weevils told me
how much more intelligent they were than beetles - beetles scurry all
over the place, weevils travel cautiously, trying out the way before
taking a step.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: