Old 07-06-2003, 06:56 PM

Default Tectonic shift in New Jersey

I didn't feel the earthquake when most of New Jersey moved from zone 6
to zone 7 this year. See the link to the USDA site
http://www.ahs.org/publications/usda...zone_map.htm#1

In the old maps, a slice of zone 7 just touched the southern tip of
Jersey, and I'd always wondered if I was actually in 6 or 7. No
doubt about that now.

I guess it won't really matter, since we didn't really move anywhere
(unless this is caused by global warming) but it'll be a different
way to look at plants since I've always been a Sixer and used that
perspective. Maybe this explains the Glads, Snapdragons, and Dianthus
that come back every year.

Swyck