Old 19-02-2003, 11:01 AM
Raleighgirl

Default Tree Doctor?

"Brent Harsh" wrote in message
. com...
C G wrote:

Do yourselves a favor. Cut them down and spend the money you

would have
used for the tree doctor to plant something with a longer life
expectancy.

We planted a few cedars a year ago last fall that haven't been

growing fast
at all (i know, I know ... patience - but I swear, they've only

gained
about 10 inches and even that is *very* spindly). I was considering
putting a row of Leylands in front of them this year, alternating

spacing
to make kind of a "mixed" wide row of trees and provide better

blocking
thinking they would grow faster.

If Leylands are not good (I've seen the bent ones recently) - any
recommendations on what might be a good alternative for a

fast-growing
privacy screening type of evergreen?

--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO
Cary, North Carolina, USA

collection.

Hiya Brent.
A couple of years ago someone (I think it was Will or Baine) put
together a great list of trees to use for screening. I saved it then
but have lost it now. Can someone else reproduce it? There were
several pines and hollies on the list. I'd like to have it again,
too.
Jeny