Old 07-06-2003, 10:08 PM
John Ladasky

Default Deadly Kudzu?

"Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A." wrote in message ...
John Ladasky wrote:

"Gloria Lenon" wrote in message om...
I remember Kudzu growing over trees and houses in Maryland.

Indeed. There's a patch of kudzu smothering a stand of trees in
Towson, just north of Baltimore.

Behind the old Luskins store. I've driven by it many times.

It's not as bad as what I have seen
in Tennessee and Alabama, but it's still scary.

Scary why? *I* haven't been able to root any cuttings.

It's just taunting you. Don't give in!

What the Kudzu God wants you to do, after a cutting fails to root, is
to carelessly throw that cutting in your back yard, without even
putting an end in the soil. Oh, heck, forget all about the soil,
throw it on top of gravel. Ignore it for a season. Go away on a
one-week vacation, then come back and try to locate your house. :^)

--
John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Biology