Old 07-06-2003, 11:20 PM
ned

Default Mulching or Multiclip Mowers

fj wrote:
Okay, just a bit more info, i live in Cornwall, 200metres from the
sea on the North Coast, lawn is about 100metres x 30 metres and is
easy enough to mow on a regular basis i.e. its basically sqauare

with
no fancy borders etc.

my local dealer has a Stiga 46 S at £305 and is willing to come and
demonstrate, its a family business serving farmers in my area so i
don't think they are ripping me off. They even said i must ring

after
5 hours use for them to come around and change the oil and check the
Stiga out all as part of the after sales service i.e FOC.

Sorry, never heard of the Stiga - until I Googled for it. It would
seem to be Scandinavian and for the area you mentioned, I would have
thought it to be a bit on the small side. It only has an 18 inch cut -
which means that you would be walking your 100m strip some 60+ times.
I suppose it would double as a fitness machine. ;-) But that is for
you to come to terms with.

£305 seems a bargain. The recommended price is £395 incl VAT.

If you are going to get a demo, you can't lose.
Be sure to ask about all the negatives that have been suggested.
100m x 30m is big, about 2/3 acre. You would soon have a mountain of
clippings to dispose of doing it normally.

Good luck.

--
ned