Old 08-06-2003, 12:56 AM
montana

Default Flowers I can eat???

In article ,
Pat Meadows wrote:

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:52:07 -0400, "Tom Eisenman"
sorry@absolutelynospam wrote:

Of course some flowers are famously poisonous. Foxgloves and Delphiniums
will kill you dead.

Daylilies (hemerocallis) are edible and since their blossoms only last one
day you aren't losing as much by eating a few.

They're very pretty in salads. Not a heck of a lot of
taste, but they sure make the salad look good.

Pat

I enjoy pansies, violets, nasturtiums, & calendula in salads. You can
eat carnations, but they (and roses) tend to taste like they smell,
which I find unpleasant. You can eat dianthus, geraniums, hibiscus,
hollyhock, honeysuckle, lavender, marigolds, peonies, primrose, tulips,
begonias, daisies, poppies, and the flowers from most vegetables & herbs.

Don't eat flowers that you have not grown yourself. Too many have traces
of pesticides.