Old 08-06-2003, 12:56 AM
animaux

Default Question: Melon Protection

When I grew them I would use panty hose knee high stockings. They stretch out
enough to fit one melon in each and I'd have a trellis made of bamboo, or
something which I could make a t-p with...some trellis material from Home
Depot...like that. Attach the panty hose with the melon in it to the trellis
with nails.

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 09:58:21 -0500, "George Tirebiter" wrote:

I'm looking for ideas of how to protect my watermelons (and squash, etc.)
from ground pests like sowbugs, rabbits, etc. I am going to make some
chicken wire cages to keep rabbits away, but I need to suspend the melons
off the ground to discourage bugs and rot.. I'm looking for suggestions on
any devices or methods to keep those melons from direct contact with the
ground.

Bob 512-295-9571