Old 08-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Go Fig

Default Chlorine, Bio, and charcaol filters

In article ,
John Hines wrote:

"Nedra" wrote:

But would it not depend upon how Much water is being
topped off?? I think I would add some DeChlor every
other day or so- just to be sure the Chlorine wasn't poisoning
the pond.

Yes.

With auto-topoff the amount should be small, under 10% per day.

Adding some declor, just in case, is good. So is using activated carbon
in your filter system, either before, or after the water hits the pond.

I'd suggest that the muni water supply that feeds the auto-fill be
almost closed, it does not need to refill the ponds in 1 min. Let it
work all day.

Put the auto-fill in a covered vault, debris can fall on the float and
cause it to cycle the water in the pond... another good reason to have
the feed line just barely on.

jay
Sat, Jun 7, 2003

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."