Old 08-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Scale insect.. Product based on rapeseed any good?

The message 1fw7g4u.zndl10993gn4N%00senetnospamtodayta@macunl imited.net
from (Jim W) contains these words:

Has anyone used the product based on rape oil on scale insect with any
success? I believe it is basically supposed to suffocate them. How do I
tell if this stuff has worked? Do dead scale look significantly
different from live ones?

The other day I noticed that my corynocarpus houseplant had a bad
attack of scale insect. I took it outside and gave every leaf a good
blast with the hosepipe, front and back, then rubbed off any tenacious
surviving scales with my finger and nail. By the end of it I was very
wet but the plant had no more scale insects; I'll repeat if more appear.

Janet