Old 08-06-2003, 05:08 AM
p.aradi

Default [IBC] Requiem

Folks:

There is always at least two sides to every story.
Now that our wonderful vacation is over and our
once-in-a-lifetime adventure ended, we had to
come back to our every day reality and clean
out our bonsai growing area. I would like
to share with you my loss as we mourn.

Yesterday was burrial day!!!
We had trees numbering just under 100 when we left.
Yesterday and today I had to empty and clean-up
42 pots and containers that had dead trees in them.
We lost roughly half of our trees, all but one of them
were conifers. Fortunately our larger conifers survived.

We were told that our azaleas and deciduous trees
were in the cold frame and its vinyl siding was damaged
by a fallen branch. The temperature run up to the 70s
and that was followed by a brief cold spell reaching
down to the 20s. The trees did not bud out in the spring and
all turned to a crisp brown.

Yesterday was the saddest day of my 14 years in bonsai.
So tomorrow is another day. Onward.

Peter Aradi
Tulsa, Oklahoma

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++