Old 08-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Charlie

Default Aphid in greenhouse solutions?

Would diluted washing up liquid work for the same purpose? I've also been
attacked by aphids in my greenhouse. Fortunatly the bug spray I have is
suitable for all the plants in my greenhouse, but other options are also
good!

Charlie.

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
My neighbor, who is new to gardening, has aphid in her greenhouse in a
big way. Does anyone know the best way to deal with it?

She gave me some plants, which all went right into the kitchen sink and
got sprayed with the sprayer, to mechanically clean the bugs off. I

haven't
used soap yet, but will, if one more spraying doesn't do it.

I've never had aphid in a greenhouse (touch wood) so don't know what it
takes to clean them out. She bought some lady bugs, but I don't know if
that'll handle the problem without human intervention...

Suggestions?

TIA,
Jan