Old 08-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Jan Flora

Default Aphid in greenhouse solutions?

The neighbor is trying to stay strictly organic, if she can. I told her about
the soap & water in a spray bottle trick. I don't think she believed me,
so I loaned her one of my Rodale books. (The Organic Gardening Encyclopedia.)
I hate to see all of her hard work starting plants by seed since Feb. go down
the tubes due to bugs...

Jan

In article 7FCEa.1173568$S_4.1196926@rwcrnsc53, "Anne Middleton/Harold
Walker" wrote:

they are very persistant when you get 'em. I use diluted liquid ivery soap
which does a good job on the aphid but does not kill the
eggs........so.....constant watch is reqyired to spray again at the first
sign of new ones......get 'em before they can lay eggs and you will beat
'em........a common problem in a greenhouse.......there are other sprays
that will kill plus have a residual effect so only one spray is
needed......if you dont mind using "those" sprays.......HW
My neighbor, who is new to gardening, has aphid in her greenhouse in a
big way.