Old 08-06-2003, 12:08 PM
dave @ stejonda

Default Tadpoles eating fish in pond???

In message , shannie
writes

Hi Stella,
Is your pond filtered?...If not you may need to change 50% of the water, the
arrival of the frogs and tadpoles will have used up a lot of oxygen in the
pond and the excrement of all the spawn, tadpoles and frogs could cause a
chronic increase in amonia to form.

==Yes, it is filtered and Dave checked the system recently and said it
was O.K. The fish who died did have fungus and we treated the pond but
it could be this is another outbreak. We have recently added 2 fish,
making a total of 7 in a pond 2 metres in diameter and a metre deep. One
of the new fish appears nervous and a bit aggressive.
If it is filtered it may be a good idea
to take a look at the filter system make sure it is working effeciently. (it
may need cleaning more regularly because of the extra load) Is it goldfish
you have?...

==Yes they are all goldfish - 3 ordinary ones and the rest shibunkins
(hope this is the right spelling).
Hope this helps
Colin (Shannie's partner)--

Thanks for these suggestions. perhaps we shall have to treat the pond
again and after removing the dodgy fish. Problem is the fish can suffer
shock being moved and die from that.

Stella

--
dave @ stejonda