Old 08-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Frogleg

Default Rain, rain go away...!?

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 13:28:32 -0400, wrote:

After last years drought, who'd have though that we'd be getting too
much rain this year

My main problem is how can I get any planting done? I've read that
you shouldn't plant if the soil is too wet, but this spring its been
raining at least every other day, and sometimes for days on end. It
may not always rain hard, but its raining often enough and the soil is
just is not drying out. It's been like this the last 6 weeks, and for
at least the next week it looks like the same.

snip

The main problem with wet ground and planting is soil compaction.
Working soaked soil turns it to cement. If you didn't plan to
till/turn over your dirt before planting, and you tread lightly, you
should be able to sneak some plants into the garden.