Old 08-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Dave Fouchey

Default Annuals?

Not at all Bill I too tend to plant Perennial's, takes a bit longer to
get a display but in the long run they seem to be more tolerant of
climactic stress, guess the more extensive root systems would account
for that.

the one exception being Pansy's/Annual Violas..am addicted to them!

Fortunately so is the wife....

And the Biennial Bronze Fennel which actually seems to be a perennial,
and a freely self seeding one at that!

Dave

On 08 Jun 2003 14:25:55 GMT, (Bill Spohn) wrote:

I noticed a question about annuals in another thread, and it got me wondering
about whether I am the odd one out in having an almost exclusively perennial
garden.

I just don't have time to spend on setting out annuals every year, as my
gardening hours are already over-subscribed by other more pressing matters
(weeding, mowing, carving out new beds etc.)

Other than a few favourite annuals, I just don't bother much with them any
more. Are there others who do the same?

Bill
Vancouver

Dave Fouchey, WA4EMR