Old 08-06-2003, 05:20 PM
john wardle

Default Grass buildup on mower deck

"John S. DeBoo" wrote in message
Warren wrote:

John S. DeBoo wrote:

Sharp blade as already mentioned and washing under the mower. Some

will not agree due to safety reasons but I
rinse mine from the side with the mower running. You can spray right

into the grass exit shute or let water run
under the edge of the mower and it'll knock out the grass quickly.

If you still think raising the mower while it's running is a good idea,
you'd better get your points in now while you still have enough fingers
to type, and eyes that can still see the screen. Not only do I "not
agree due to safety reasons", I think it's downright reckless and
stupid.

Thank you for your flame of sorts and insightful response:

1- I do not raise the mower to rinse, its sitting on the ground running

with
the water running from a nozzle into the exit chute;

2- my face, hands, fingers & feet etc are not anywhere close to the exit
chute;

3- who said anything about touching the blade etc? Whats that got to do
with rinsing? I'm not about to remove it just to clean under theresigh.

4- your response should have been directed towards the gentleman who was
asking about cleaning under a mower instead of calling me 'stupid and
reckless' for doing it the way I do. Note I did mention some wouldn't

agree
for safety reasons, thus one has an option and a choice. Thank

--
John S. DeBoo

And... *IF* there's an accident cleaning that way, I just mark one down for
darwin cleaning the gene pool a bit.

I can only assume that if a person has attained a reasonable age without
dying yet, that they can spray some water at a running mower without
touching the moving bits.