Old 08-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Tadpoles eating fish in pond???

Stella wrote in message

Or it could be a fungal disease affecting the fish. I doubt it is
voracious tadpoles.

==Yes, it may well be fungal. The one who died had a fungal infection
and we treated the pond.

Frogs can and often do bring disease into garden ponds by moving from
infected places. Red Leg is a serious and common disease of frogs that is
transmitted to fish causing serious problems.
Every spring I treat my pond with a suitable anti-parasite/bacteria and the
fish (and arriving frogs) stay healthy.

What people seem to be suggesting is that frogs and fish can live
happily together but I'm not sure that I'm convinced. The fish seemed
really happy before the arrival of the frogs. I feel we may have to
choose between frogs and fish. :-)

Quite!

--
Bob