Old 08-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Nedra

Default Pond Tragedy (long post)

I have a North American Wildlife book -
just looked up the Birds!!! Looks like those of us in
Missouri are really lucky. We have most all the BIG birds
either migrating, breeding, or all year !!
Must be the Mississippi Flyway ....

Nedra
"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
So, it's not a crane, stork, or heron, but an egret! How many birds do I
have to be afraid of now? Let's not forget red tail hawks also!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
Just Me \"Koi\" wrote:
Please educate me on the difference between a crane, heron, and stork!

The beast that had my fish for Dinner is white as sheet, long pointy

beaks,
and huge!

Sounds like a Great Egret, it's range is from California to
Tennessee.

--
Bonnie
NJ