Old 08-06-2003, 07:20 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default *ANTS*

On 05 Jun 2003 03:27:28 GMT, iepinko (Regina) wrote:
I have used peppermint extract successfully.

Yes, Regina! Someone mentioned last year about planting mint would keep the
ants away, I do not know if it was a certain kind, but where I have cosican
(sic?) mint I do not have an ant problem by the lily pond.

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:58:35 GMT, "James Williams" wrote:
Actually, I thing "bug" is a particular term in entomology that means a
particular type of insect that has specialized mouthparts. snip

All bugs are insects, but not all insects are bugs. I believe it is
piercing sucking mouth parts.

poisonous spiders, often what is consider a brown recluse bite is done
by the aggressive house spider, also known as the hobo spider. These will
chase you in your own house! Particularly the males during mating season,
sentinent, hmmmm? Anyway they are ground dwellers so are rarely on the
walls or ceilings.

http://pep.wsu.edu/pdf/PLS116_1.pdf This article in Acrobat Reader has
lots of pictures to creep you out. ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a