Old 08-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Anne Middleton/Harold Walker

Default harvesting potatoes

It is definitely OK to "grub around" for the 'biguns' and allow the rest to
grow......almost a standard procedure for anyone with only a small
plot.......am having some myself this evening......would love to send you a
photo of them but I believe this site does not allow photos......HW
"sw" wrote in message
Right. My first earlies (Epicure) are in flower; according to the book
of words, this means I can start harvesting potatoes from them. Am I
right in thinking that if I can pick some by hand without uprooting the
plant, it will continue to make potatoes? If so, for how long, and does
it grow new little ones or do the remainder simply grow larger?

Whether or not we have new potatoes with dinner tonight depends on the
answer :-)

regards
sarah

--