Old 08-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Repeating Decimal

Default Aphid in greenhouse solutions?

in article , Jan Flora at
wrote on 6/8/03 3:27 AM:

The neighbor is trying to stay strictly organic, if she can. I told her about
the soap & water in a spray bottle trick. I don't think she believed me,
so I loaned her one of my Rodale books. (The Organic Gardening Encyclopedia.)
I hate to see all of her hard work starting plants by seed since Feb. go down
the tubes due to bugs...

I have posted previously on what I think about the organic scam.

Nevertheless, I think it can be done. Potassium (Safer brand) soap solution
will do the job. If you are a true organic nut, you can do it yourself. I
have not tried it.

Make soap using wood ash as the alkali. Although the potash is inorganic, I
believe that organic nuts will consider it organic. Use a vegetable oil you
consider to be organic. Then follow instructions on how to make the soap
that can be found on the internet. You may even be able to get organic
glycerin for other uses. I consider glycerin to be organic even if others on
this group may not.

Bill