Old 28-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Anne Lurie

Default fall suggestions

Hannah,

I suggest that you contact the nearest botanical garden (Raulston Arboretum,
Duke Gardens, etc.) and ask them what might be blooming that time of year.

Please note that I am *not* suggesting that you have your wedding there or
that you mislead any personnel that you might be planning a wedding there
(......I don't believe it.....I just put a *disclaimer* on a newsgroup post,
for Pete's sake!) -- however, I expect that these places may have had some
experience in dealing with brides who want to know what the setting would be
at certain times of the year.

J. C. Raulston Arboretum (Raleigh):
http://www.ncsu.edu/jcraulstonarboretum/

Duke Gardens (Durham):
http://www.hr.duke.edu/dukegardens/dukegardens.html

North Carolina Botanical Garden (Chapel Hill):
http://www.ncbg.unc.edu/

BTW, when I googled for October + flowers, I turned up the following website
that indicates the pictures are in Charlotte, NC in October 2001 -- might
be worth a visit to the website for a few ideas:
http://www.jungiananalyticpraxis.com...owers_2001.htm

Good luck!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Hannah Barnum" wrote in message
I am planning to be married in my garden this fall, likely october 11.

I'd
love suggestions for plants that will have something to show at that time
(fruits, flowers, foliage?) - especially fast-growing vines to
cover/decorate the falling-down barns . . . any wildflowers? Most of the
space is full sun.
Thanks,
Hannah